Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Three Tags for 12 Tags of Christmas

Hello friends~ It feels good to be getting creative with paper, stamps and dies again.  I've got some tags that I made for Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas.  It's almost over so I'm glad I found time to play along.

Day 8 is inspired by Loll's "tweet" tag found here.
I started by creating my own stencil by cutting the Snowfall Reverse Cut Die from Frantic Stamper out of a piece of acetate.  Then I added some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to the embossing paste before stenciling the snowflakes onto the background of the tag which was cut using MFT's Stitched Tag Stax.  The images from "For The Birds" by Sweet N' Sassy Stamps are stamped and colored with Copics.  The bells and holly images are from Avery Elle's "Kitsch Christmas".

Day 7 is inspired by Loll's guest designer Karen found here.
I started by cutting two Main St. Pinpoint Tags from Poppystamps in two graduating sizes.  The woodgrain patterned paper is from ECD Wood Effect from Moda Scrap.  The double cut word JOY is from PTI's Holiday Double Cuts.  The top layer is cut from silver cardstock and mounted on top of a strip of silver glitter paper.  The snowflakes are cut from white cardstock on which two of them were covered in Teal Silk Microfine Glitter from ECD.

Day 6 is inspired by my dear friend Marcia as she was Loll's guest designer for that day.  You can find her darling tag here.
I pretty much CASE-d Marcia's tag, changing it up just a little bit using what I had.  I cut a tag using PTI's Tag Sale #3 out of aqua mist cardstock and stamped some snowflakes from random sets in aqua mist ink.  I then cut another tag out of white cardstock and cut the center out using the Wildwood Collage die from Memory Box.  I added some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to the snowy edge at the bottom and throughout the trees.  I cut the tree using Impression Obsession Fir Trees and went around the edges using a silver paint pen.  The deer is cut using Impression Obsession Small Deer.  He is colored with a copic and then edged with a bit of distress ink.  The tiny tag was stamped using Hero Arts Color Layering Snowy Tree.

You can find all the details of Loll's challenge here.

I'll be adding one of these tags to the following challenges:
Dies R Us ~ Snow
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Furry Friends
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

Sherri said...

All of your tags are just gorgeous, but I especally love the last one! I can't believe you created such an adorable scene on a tag! You can almost feel the coldness of the snow & the stillness of the forest! Thanks for joining our "Snow" challenge at Dies R Us!

Marcia Hill said...

All three tags are FABULOUS and I'm so glad you got to play again! Your first tag is so cute with that adorable and beautifully colored bird on the branch with the snowy background...love it! And your 2nd tag is so pretty with that rustic looking background paper and the beautiful and sparkly snowflake! And of course I'm thrilled you CASE'd my tag for your 3rd one and it's every bit as GORGEOUS! Well done on all three my friend!! :0)

Nstiz said...

You are one, fabulous designer! I love all these tags and particularly love the gorgeous layers on your snowflake! You add so much detail to your work and it's a delight to see these! Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us.

Lisa Elton said...

These are all wonderful Birgit! I like how cozy the sweet little bird looks on the first one!

Loll said...

Three FANTASTIC tags, Birgit!! Your sweet bird is dressed for all that falling snow with his touque and scarf!! So adorable and love the bells up in the corner.

Tag two is a great take on Karen's card. The barn board background is so cool. And your layered snowflake is gorgeous, especially the colour of the glittered larger one.

And tag three is a great CASE of Marcia's tag. So much sparkle and shine with the added glitter on the ground and in the tree. Great design!!

So happy you had time to play along Birgit. Thanks for joining my tag event. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous tags!

Donna Phelan said...

Oooooh I have such a love affair with Tags and I am in LOVE with your beautiful creations! Your elements, designs and dies are magnificent! WOW!

Darlene said...

WOW ... beautiful tags Birgit! Love them all! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Janice said...

I love everything about your tags, so much detail!

Kara Lynne said...

So good to see you crafting, Birgit! Each tag is wonderful with layers of details, yet each a different style - amazing!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

These are so pretty, Birgit. Love the techniques you've used. I did not know about Loll's tag challenge but am getting so much inspiration from it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit there cannot be a more beautiful bird than a Cardinal for Christmas: tags, cards, or in Nature! All three spectacular - microfine glitter? WOW that is pretty!
Seeing the beautiful results of your crafting again makes me smile...xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! These tags are all so gorgeous and well designed. Love that look the microfine glitter gives.

Sue said...

Wow, three gorgeous tags but I think my favourite is the snowflake tag. Thank you for sharing your amazing work at Word Art Wednesday and we hope to see you again soon. Sue (DT)

Lin said...

Gorgeous tags, Birgit, I love all of them! Always enjoy coming to your blog, thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Conniecrafter said...

Your tags are all terrific, love that little birdie with the too cute hat and scarf! Love the design of the Joy sentiment and pretty snowflake on the second, the little forest scene is just too cute with the snowy tree and the cute sentiment tag at the top!

Colleen said...

Birgit, these tags are fabulous! so happy to see you back in the craft room a bit!

Sharron said...

So happy you are back enjoying some crafty time! Your sweet little cardinal is such a joy--love that adorable tag! They all are so festive and fun. The bold joy and snowflakes are so pretty and I adore the sweet forest scene!