Monday, March 14, 2016

Quick Recovery

Good morning friends~ I'm popping on to share this card I made for the Cupcake Inpirations Challenge.
Here's their inspiration:

Here's my card:

I started by cutting a panel of Ranger water color cardstock and a panel from scrap cardstock. Using PTI's Butterfly Cover Plate, I cut a stencil from the scrap card stock. I taped the stencil over the water color panel and masked off each butterfly, adding distress inks into the images randomly. When my panel was complete with all the butterflies colored, I spritzed it lightly with water and let the colors move around. Once that was dry, I stamped over the tops of the water colored butterflies using the wing detail stamp in the same color as the butterfly. The sentiment is from MFT.

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOO pretty, colorful, and vibrant! Love how you made a stencil to do this card...so going to try that! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tanja said...

love the watercolor look of your card - thanks for sharing your project at Cupcake Inspirations

cm said...

I'm swooning over your pretty butterflies, created with your home-made stencil! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Cupcakes Inspiration rainbow-themed challenge!
~carol

Anonymous said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! Perfect to help someone get feeling better! So glad you were inspired by our Rainbow theme challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow - love those rainbow butterflies!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations :)