Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Playing with SPRING!

Good morning friends! Did you know there are only 74 more days til' spring already? I'm ready to skip the cold winter weather and move right on to spring, but living in Maine tells me, "no"! So my next best option is to start playing with flower stamps and bright, springy colors! This first card was made for the Make-It Monday A La Carte challenge, where I chose Dawn McVey's previous challenge of stamping with Neutrals.

My neutral stamping is done using Fine Linen (kraft) ink on the flower stems and petals from Petite Pots. I also used the colors from ColorQ

I used PTI's Fine Linen (kraft), Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush & Spring Rain.

My second card uses the colors from Color Throwdown and keeping with the stamping with neutrals idea.


I did some ink smooshing on the background of a piece of Tim Holtz water color paper and stamped the flower from PTI's Flower Favorite's using Melon Berry, Orange Zest and Soft Stone.

I'll also be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me some love! <3 Blessings~ Birgit

21 comments:

Linda said...

Birgit, both of these are so bright and springy. Beautiful, to bring Spring to us.

Natalie said...

Love the "smooshing" technique! Both cards are so pretty! Love the dies you've used and colors! Have a wonderful week Birgit! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are so pretty, and I love the soft spring colors. HOpefully it will bring a bit of spring, or at least sunshine, your way. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Marybeth said...

Oh such beautiful cards and the first one is just soft and darling! Haha you are already counting down to spring. We are getting tons of rain that we need ......just not all at once:)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card with pots of flowers in such soft colors. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 217th- FF AG challenge! Our first challenge in 2016. Praying you will have a Blessed, Prosperous, Peaceful and Creative 2016, Carole

Karen Letchworth said...

Gorgeous, Birgit. I am so blessed that you shared a whole month of your talents with us, and even more grateful that you continue to share your art in our challenges. I am always encouraged by your wonderful creations. Have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. You're more than welcome to stop by and also play along with us at CropStop - Anything Goes - www.cropstop.com/blog

I need to email you the Past Guest Designer Badge, too. Thanks again!
Karen

Nancy Penir said...

Wow! You did great with all the challenges. Reminds me of spring. And I know it's coming! Beautiful cards!

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful cards! Excellent job on the smooshing technique. Can't wait for spring.

Keri said...

Ooh! Love them both! Such soft, pretty colors. :)

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS! LOVE the backgrounds! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Both cards are beautiful!! They make me longing for spring!!

lainey said...

Oh, both of these use such soft, spring-like colors. I really like the color combination you used for the Petite Pots cards. It's such a fun set to use.

Barbara said...

i am with you about the weather. Spring will not be here soon enough, so I went where is was warmer. Love your take on making flower cards with wonderful spring colors.

Colleen said...

Wow, Birgit these cards are awesome! I love that pot stamp set I must get it out and play with it...you have inspired me!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Love the beautiful colours on both of your cards Birgit.

Broni said...

Such pretty cards! Love that you kept all the colors pale and then stamped the bold sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Helen F. said...

Both cards are just beautiful, Birgit! Love the Spring flowers and pastel colors

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful designs! Beautifully done!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these are so pretty Birgit! Using the neutrals definitely softens up the whole card...lovely, lovely cards my friend! :0)

Gayatri said...

Beautiful cards.I Love the blue spatter on the second card.Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Something New challenge.
Gayatri xxx

Lisa H. said...

what a lovely post. beautiful cards. I love how you used the colors for the Color Throwdown. thanks for playing.