Wednesday, January 20, 2016

It's Clearly All About Love

Today's card was specifically made for this weeks challenge over at CASology. The theme is clear and while I was cleaning out my yards of 12x12 scrapbooking papers, I came across this clear overlay in a 12x12 size.



I simply cut it down and sandwiched the printed acetate between the window of my card and a scalloped window I created using some MFT dies. I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card so that it would show through the window.
It's kind of hard to get a good photo because of the glare, but you get the idea.


Since the card is clear, I stamped the sentiment that I would have put inside the card, on the back of the card. A little different style for me, but fun nonetheless.



I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is just gorgeous Birgit! Don't you love it when you find something in your stash you had forgotten all about?! What a beautiful card the clear acetate made...love it!! :0)

Joyce said...

So very pretty, Birgit. What a fun way to say I love you. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Nicole Parmentier said...

love the transparency, great design!!

Unknown said...

Yards and yard of 12x12x DP , very nicely put. I like your window with the lovely stamps inside and on the back. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way the clear panel is framed - terrific card! Thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

Your card and message are perfectly clear, Birgit! So very pretty!
=]

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Birgit! Stamping on the acetate and background cardstock adds such dimension. I love how you have used the back of the card for a personal message. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!