Sunday, November 16, 2014

So Grateful

It is the season of giving thanks however, I don't think we need a "season" to be thankful. We should have thankful hearts throughout the entire year. Even when we're struggling, we can take a deep breath and remember to count our blessings. If I remind myself that there's always someone's who's struggles are greater than mine, it helps me keep things in perspective.
I DO however, enjoy sending Thanksgiving cards to friends and family to let them know how thankful I am for their place in my life. Here's a card I made that goes along with the challenge at The Paper Players.


This is their challenge photo



And here's my card:

Here are some great Bible verses to help us be mindful about giving thanks to God for His abundant blessings.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~ Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Psalm 100:1-5 ~ A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
Philippians 4:6 ~ Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I hope you find many ways to count your blessings this week, next week and into the next year! Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

8 comments:

Andrea W said...

Awesome card Birgit! I really like how you used the colors and the touch of twine with the leaves is lovely. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

stampwithsandy said...

I'm usually not a fan of things on a diagonal, but I absolutely love this layout, Birgit! Your leaves are just gorgeous, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

laurie said...

What a beautiful post...and a beautiful card! I agree. We should be so grateful for all God has given us. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

JoAnn said...

I agree, a beautiful post, and we should be thankful each day for all of God's blessings.
Your card is so petty.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great post about mindfulness - we have indeed all got something to be thankful for, even if we need to stop and consider what it is every once in a while. Gorgeous card - those leaves are really eyecatching and I love your composition and layout.Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

I just wrote a note to a friend, and said the same thing....every day is Thanksgiving if you're a Christian! Love your card and the verses are a perfect reminder of every way we are blessed! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Yapha Mason said...

Such a pretty card. I love those leaves! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous. I love the colors, the leaves, the stitching, the layout. It's all fabulous! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee