Monday, October 6, 2014

Sending Sunshine

Happy Monday friends! I just love Mondays because that means it's time for the Make-It Monday challenge over at Nichole's blog. Today's challenge is from the lovely and gifted Dawn McVey. She challenged us to create something using dry embossing over heat embossing. I have to admit that when it comes to heat embossing, I'm challenged enough already. Even with an embossing buddy, I still can't seem to get a good clean image like all you fabulous crafter's out there. Also, my embossing powders are all ages old so the colors aren't exactly what I'd call "current". Anyway, it's a beautiful sunny, crisp and cool Monday so I'm not gonna let any of those things stop me from joining in on the fun.
Here's my sad but true card I made:

So, I cut my panel just a little bit crooked so I added one of Melissa Phillips "junk bows" to try to cover my oops. The sweet little lady but was a perfect finishing touch to add to my bow.
I used Natural Beauties and a sentiment from Doodlie-Do to make this one of a kind card!
Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

We have to come up with another name for 'junk bow', they are just too pretty to call junk! Especially when you top them off with sweet little ladybugs! Lovely card, great colors, too!

Linda said...

Pretty card and I think the embossing turned out great.

Marcia Hill said...

Nothing sad about this card! Love your colors, and your junk bow and ladybug are a fantastic finishing touch! :0)

Helen F. said...

Birgit, your card is so bright and colorful! Love the pretty flowers and that bow with the ladybug is the sweetest finishing touch

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty and your embossing is wonderful!.....and yes....those bows are sooo addictive - LOVE this! (note: I just tossed all of my old coloured embossing powders - I was told they go bad- who knows for sure lol)

victoria h said...

Pretty card - love the cute bow